Job title: Energy Policy Consultant – DeHavilland and Forefront Advisers
Reporting to: Senior Policy Consultant – Infrastructure
Function & Business Area: UK Policy Team
Location and working arrangements: At least two days in the office – Fleet Street
Salary : £37,000 plus bonuses up £6,000
Closing Date: Monday 6 November
About the job:
There are few bigger questions in UK politics than how the country overhauls its energy use, protects the environment, and balances the needs of business, society and the economy as we head into an election year.
DeHavilland and Forefront Advisers are looking for a Policy Consultant to specialise in energy and climate change to help our clients navigate this this fast-changing policy landscape.
This role sits across the Groups’ two products, leading on providing our core political monitoring for DeHavilland clients, authoring our daily energy sector briefings whilst also providing weekly content for Forefront’s Energy and Net Zero Intelligence products.
The DeHavilland and Forefront Group is Europe’s leading provider of timely and comprehensive policy and political data, insights and intelligence. We help organisations make critical business and investment decisions, as well as support them with their day-to-day engagement with the world of politics and policy.
Our consultants play an essential role in the Group providing added value to clients in our most important sectors, proactively developing and using their policy expertise to supplement political monitoring with analysis and research.
Consultants focus on tightly defined clients in our core sectors, playing an active and significant role in their relevant policy pod, intelligence note team, and working closely with the commercial team to deliver good customer retention rates and win new business.
Consultants also play a key role in working with the Senior Consultant in their team to ensure high standards, staff training and day-to-day operations in the team go smoothly. We see Consultants as potential future Senior Consultants at DeHavilland or Senior Analysts at Forefront. Whether you want to become a future manager in the business or develop into a policy expert, or both, we have career paths across the Group to suit you.
- Provide political information and intelligence to a portfolio of clients through daily briefings, round-ups and weekly insight notes covering UK politics and policy on energy and net zero.
- Attend sector and parliamentary events and build subject knowledge and contacts in relevant sector(s).
- Use policy knowledge and understanding of clients’ to generate product ideas and high quality written content for briefings and Policy Notes.
- Develop a strong and positive relationship with clients through meetings, calls and events, ensuring excellent service delivery supporting good renewal rates and trial conversions.
- Provide timely research support to our clients.
- Work with junior members of the policy team to ensure excellent service levels across the client portfolio.
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Your experience and knowledge:
- A strong knowledge and interest of UK policies and the political process.
- Completed degree in political science or equivalent.
- At least two year’s experience of working in a political/public affairs role.
- A keen interest or relevant experience in UK energy or climate policy.
Your skills and attributes:
- Ability to deliver information accurately in a fast-paced environment and to think quickly to provide insights via alerts and reports.
- First-class writing and oral skills in English at native level or equivalent.
- A keen eye for quality and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong communicator and interpersonal skills.
- A flexible team-player with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis before the closing. We will begin with first interviews over Teams. We encourage people country-wide to apply as we are able to provide a grace period before a move to London.
When you are in/near London we offer a hybrid system with 2 days a week in the office.
Start date asap.
Please address your application to Harriet Ireland and send your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com. The subject of the email needs to clearly state “Policy Consultant Application”.