Job Title: Policy Coordinator (temporary and permanent roles)
Working For: DeHavilland
Closing Date: 30th October
About the job:
DeHavilland is looking for a temporary and a permanent Policy Coordinator to join its UK Policy Team. The temporary role would be until the end of the year.
The policy team help hundreds of the largest companies and charities in the world navigate the constantly changing policy landscape in the UK. Whether it’s healthcare reform, how the UK economy recovers after the pandemic or the transition to net zero, this team looks at the biggest issues for our clients.
Our Coordinators support our team in being the eyes and ears for our clients of what is going on in Westminster and beyond. The team provides live information and intelligence to help clients understand how the world of politics and policy impacts them, and we provide tools to help them more effectively engage with political stakeholders.
We very much see the Coordinator role as an “apprenticeship” to becoming a Policy Executive with your own portfolio and many of our current Executives have been Coordinators. We want our Coordinators and Execs to become experts in their field and look to give them plenty of responsibility and training to help them get there.
- Provide political information and intelligence to a portfolio of clients through live coverage, alerts and reports
- Provide live coverage of events, parliamentary proceedings, speeches and press conferences.
- Work with the Senior Consultant to help ensure consistent service levels across the team, including through covering and training
- Provide research support to our clients
- Contribute to long-form briefings and events coverage for key political moments throughout the year.
Your experience and knowledge:
- A strong knowledge of UK policies and the political process
- Completed degree in political science or equivalent
- At least six months experience of working in a political/public affairs role
Your skills and attributes:
- Ability to deliver information accurately in a fast-paced environment and to think quickly to provide insights in alerts and reports
- First-class writing and oral skills in English at native level or equivalent
- A keen eye for quality and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong communicator and interpersonal skills
- A flexible team-player with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness
We are looking for someone to start in the temporary role as soon as possible and will start interviews before the closing date. The permanent role is less urgent so interviews will take place in November.
Please address your application to Arran Russell and send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. The subject of the email needs to clearly state “Policy Coordinator Application”. Please make it clear in the email whether you are interested in a temporary role, a permanent role or either.